Sunday, September 25, 2005

7 things list

I was tagged by my friend Roberta from Yalla to answer this list. It was hard, but here it is:

7 THINGS I HATE DOING OR SCARE ME:
- phoning people
- driving too fast
- skinning, cleaning raw chicken (yuk)
- snakes
- discrimination (nothing bothers me more)
- dance clubs
- play ball games

7 THINGS I LIKE:
- hubby
- food (nothing like a gourmet meal to cheer me up)
- red wines & dark ales
- travel
- cheese (the smelliest the better)
- chatting with friends in a bar
- learning languages

7 IMPORTANT THINGS IN MY ROOM:
- hubby
- books
- radio alarm clock
- bed
- nice sheets
- air conditioning
- hmmm.... don't really need anything else in my room

7 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- my feet are the only part of my body that really sweat
- I'm very patient with others but impatient with myself
- I have perfectionist tendencies
- I'm too messy to be a total perfectionist
- I've hated cigarretes ever since I tried smoking a lit cigarrete but when I was 5 yrs old
- I cannot develop habits or routines that last more than 2 months ( believe me, I've tried!)
- I don't understand people who hate their jobs, their lifestyles, etc and don't do anything about it

7 THINGS I PLAN TO DO BEFORE I DIE:
- get my PhD
- live in Europe
- write a book
- learn Hebrew, Arabic, German & Italian
- walk the Camino de Compostella (from the Pyrenees to Santiago de Compostella)
- hike in New Zealand
- win a dragon boat race

7 THINGS I CAN DO:
- speak french, english, portuguese and spanish
- read all of the above plus Catalan and Latin
- say no to a boss/supervisor
- cook
- paddle a racing kayak
- set the stroke rate for a dragon boat team
- fix a computer

7 THINGS I CAN'T OR WILL NOT DO:
- Live in the US (have to agree with Roberta on that one)
- eat peanut butter (yuk)
- drive a car
- swim butterfly
- do whitewater kayaking
- do something I don't believe in just because everybody else does it
- get ahead by keeping other people behind

7 things I say the most:
- I'm hungry
- I told you so!
- No, you don't want that... (substitute that for any junk food my hubby might be interested in eating; he says that when I'm feeling generous I say "Are you sure you want that?" instead – I attribute it to strong maternal instincts)
- Don't do that! (natural propensity to nag or maternal instinct, you name it)
- I'm hungry
- I'm NEVER going to finish this paper on time!! I'm going to FAIL!!! (and when my hubby or my best friend tell me I said the same thing last time I say "But this time is DIFFERENT!!")
- Did I say "I'm hungry"?

7 celeb crushes:
- Colin Firth ( I LOVE Mr. Darcy!!!)
- Antonio Banderas
- Johnny Depp
- Zack Wilde
- Kenneth Brannagh
- Hugh Grant
- Christian Slater

7 people that have to do this now:
- landismom
- Christian
- Alan
- Gen
- Janine
- Irina
- Debora

4 Comments:

Blogger Christian said...

Salue Alexandra,

Si tu verborum probandorum proprietatem addis, quae in lingua Anglica "word verification" appellatur, non ingratas notationes accipes sicut supra.

Iterum gratias ago ad adjuvando me cum mea propositione SSHRC!

Vale,
Christian

Post Scriptus - Septem numerum tuum fructus sum!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

Christian,

Gratias tibi ago! I was wondering how to get rid of those...

Alexandra

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Obrigada pela visita no meu blog. Muito legal que vc vem morar em Barcelona. É uma cidade maravilhosa. I´m sure you´ll love it.
Um beijo, Bruna
http://vidaembcn.blogspot.com

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola! Da sim, pra viver numa boa em Espanhol (ou Portunhol). Praticamente todo mundo fala as duas linguas, e estão super acostumados com turistas e estrangeiros. Catalao é necessario só pra trabalhar em certos lugares, mas a maioria do tempo só espanhol é tranquilo.
Beijo, Bruna

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home