Sunday, July 17, 2005

Harry Potter



Kudos for Canada Post! I received my copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince this Saturday at noon despite not signing up for special saturday delivery!

I pre-ordered the book a few months ago and chose the free delivery option. A few weeks ago Chapters contacted me to ask if I wanted to change my delivery option to ensure I would get the book on release date. Nah - I said - I'll probably be out and miss the delivery guy anyways. Turns out I was out and did miss the postman by a few minutes. I saw his truck down the street and ran over. Yonge street was closed because of some parade and I waited by the truck until the postman finally arrived. He said I was lucky to catch him there - he decided to take a break when he saw the street closed. Anyways, he handed in the book and I'm now almost half-way through. I tried working this morning but I've given up any pretense to work and have decided I might as well finish the book.

2 Comments:

Blogger landismom said...

Huh, it looks like the book has a different cover in Canada than it does in the U.S. I've (temporarily) almost stopped reading blogs, because I'm tired of reading other people's opinions about Harry Potter, and I haven't gotten my copy yet. But I wanted to drop by after you visited my blog to say thanks for your comment!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

Yes, it does seem like there are different covers everywhere as well as different "versions" of English - I've heard that the version published in North America is not the "original" English version! Here in Canada there are two covers - a sombrer one for adults and a more colourful one for children. It seems there was a demand for this as many adults felt self-conscious reading the books in public. I have the children version because that's what the rest of my collection looks like and because I think they are more fun...

Thanks for dropping by!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home