Monday, August 01, 2005

Ahhh Paris...

My friend Gen is leaving for Ireland and Paris tomorrow. This made me think of my recent whirlwind trip to the city of lights in May. For the foodies on a budget out there, check out these places:

Le temps de Cerises
Lunch menu formule for 13,50 euros included entree, plat & dessert. The wine list was good and the bistrot was clearly a popular neighbourhood tradition - there were no tourists when we were there and the place was packed! Service was good and speedy, and the food was very tasty and plentiful.
Note: it is only open for lunch and I recommend going early (before 12:30) but it seems to turn into a popular wine bar at happy hour...




Mouff'tartes
Amazing sweet & savoury tarts at rue mouffetard. Menu formule for 8,40 euros included a tarte salée with small salad (choice of green or carrot), a tarte sucrée and a drink. I had a tarte Provençale (tomato, green pepper, olives, tuna & feta cheese) as my main course and asked for a recommendation for dessert. The Tarte Rose aux Pistaches recommened by the waiter was just exquisite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home