Friday, March 10, 2006

Finding a "piso"

Looking for an apartment over the internet in a city where I had never been before proved to be both fun and nerve-wrecking. I spent countless hours studying the map of Barcelona, talking with friends who had lived there about different neighbourhoods, and finally decided I wanted a place on the right side of the Eixample for under 900 euros/month. A friend gave me the contact of the rental agency she worked with (Barcelona Allotjament) and although Olga - the woman with whom I corresponded - was very helpful they didn’t have an apartment available in the area I wanted. I combed the ads at Loquo and browsed the web for other agencies. I finally came across ShBarcelona, which had a wide selection of apartments in and around the Eixample and great pictures. We reserved an apartment in a great area (Bruc/Rosello) and paid our deposit and first month. We’ll be at walking distance from the Sagrada Familia, Passeig the Gracia, Passeig San Joan, shopping along the Diagonal, the Gracia barrio and a great covered market. Can’t wait!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, one more day and you guys will really be gone for a while... Will miss you in Toronto!!! Hope to see you in Europe, and till then: Mucha suerte!!! HD.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Alexandra said...

Gracias Heidi!!
Two more days before we leave for Paris!!!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home